[ZODB-Dev] zeo database specific network protocol?

David McCusker david@treedragon.com
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 18:54:36 -0800

I'm starting a one day survey on network protocols for databases as
a background context check on our designs for Chandler APIs for db
access via some network protocol.

(I can use any pointers to things you consider relevant to this survey.)

I was asked whether Zeo has a protocol for making zodb access transparent
over the network, so I said I'd ask what it was like.  I gather Zeo docs
are so  slim I'm unlikely to see a spec, so I thought I'd ask here.

Can someone characterize Zeo's wire protocol?  Or point me at a spec or
a vague statement made by someone else?  Or if someone has a protocol
in mind as an abstract idea, that would be interesting too.

-- David McCusker