[ZODB-Dev] RE: [Zope] Zope 2.6 and ZEO 2

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:36:25 +0100

Hi Vladimir,

--On Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2002 11:34 +0100 Vladimir Petrov
<vladimir.petrov@creuna.no> wrote:

>> Interesting. I just checked out Zope2.6 (-r Zope-2_6-branch)
>> and ZEO (ZEO-2_0-branch)
>
>> But starting zope brings a "AttributeError: ClientStorage instance
>> has no attribute 'sortKey'"
>
>> Are you sure you have 2.6 Zope+2.0 Zeo running? If so, which tags
>> do you use?
>
> I'm using what peoples from Zope designed as STABLE, not from CVS. Also I
> got up&running with the last ZEO 2.0.1b1... We had a lot of problems got
> Z&ZEO to work together, but the esence is - permissions. Install
> everything as zope user, startt ZEO and Zope as zope user (but with
> setuidgid not with -u) and check permissions on all folders where Zope is
> writing... Also if you have ZEO client and server on separate machines,
> make sure that you have exactly the same $zopehome/lib/python folder...

While I checked strace of ZEO1.x and zope2.6 I did not find any
permission problem. But with current ZEO2, the problem seems to
be an API version problem, so we dont even come to the point of
a permission problem. Of course I own all files by the zope user
for the test (this would not be a recommended setup for production
use anyway. If we have it finally up&running, we should actually
check where the permission problem happens to be.)

Regards
Tino