[ZODB-Dev] Latest profile results

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:14:09 -0500

On 16 December 2002, Toby Dickenson said:
> On Monday 16 December 2002 7:27 pm, Greg Ward wrote:
>
> > Last week, open-with-index was taking around 24 seconds (22 sec
> > user-space CPU) with ZODB 3.1.  Jeremy, did you change anything?  Or can
> > this tremendous speedup be accounted for by my memory upgrade?
>
> This new timing is about what I expect. Was this with the same data.fs and
> index file as before?

No, it's not -- good point.  As I mentioned in another message, we blow
away our development databases fairly regularly by replacing them with a
copy of our live database.

If you're thinking there must have been something wrong with the index
file in my "open w/ index file" case last week, I doubt it -- the index
file was regenerated from scratch every time I ran the "open w/o index
file" case (well, strictly speaking, the close regenerated the index
file).

However, the .fs file I was using last week was freshly packed; the one
I was playing with earlier today was not.  Apart from that the only
difference was a few days' worth of traffic on our web site and a few
days' worth of changes to our database update script.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org