[ZODB-Dev] what appears inside zodb storage?

hazmat hazmat@objectrealms.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:03:36 -0800

On Thursday 19 December 2002 12:42 am, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Thursday 19 December 2002 2:19 am, David McCusker wrote:

<big snip>

> > In a Chandler discussion this morning, we had half an idea we'd be
> > journaling our object changes in a fashion independently of zodb in order
> > to support our needs for synchronizing repositories that have different
> > modified branches of some comman ancestor version.
>
> If your application needs access to old revisions for application-level
> purposes then it is a good idea for your application to maintain the old
> revisions itself.

a nice example of doing this is...
http://cvs.zope.org/Products/ZopeVersionControl

it gives a cvs like api to the application layer for managing object
revisions, most of the core code isn't too badly layered with zopisms...
(well for zope2 product anyways ;-)

-haz