[ZODB-Dev] [ zodb-Patches-659068 ] logging severity fix

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:20:13 -0800

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=315628&aid=659068&group_id=15628

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This log message is very chatty, and I assume only
useful as a debugging log. It is therefore a bug that
it is not using the zLOG.DEBUG  severity level.

Without this patch it creates far too much log output
at the BLATHER severity level - factor of 50 more than
the rest of ZEO, Zope and my applications combined. The
BLATHER log is otherwise useful for post-mortem debugging.

Note that the default ZEO and Zope configuration will
ignore both BLATHER and DEBUG severity levels