[ZODB-Dev] RE: [Zope-CMF] Big CMF sites / Storage

Itamar Shtull-Trauring twisted@itamarst.org
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 14:17:48 +0200

Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

> I'm fairly well convinced that the write performance of
> BerkeleyStorage is limited by BerkeleyDB's inability to handle big
> blob writes well.

I've had this impression too when comparing Btrees+ZODB+FileStorage to
bsddb3 write perfomance. The issue seems to be especially bad in
transactional mode - in concurrent mode bsddb3 runs faster, though not
faster than FileStorage (because you're not writing the data to a
transactional log in *addition* to the database.) Note that I was using
plain bsddb3 here, not BerkeleyStorage.