[ZODB-Dev] BTree fsIndex patch for StandaloneZODB

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 21:40:50 -0500

  NS> I've extracted this patch from BTreeFSIndex-branch in the Zope
  NS> CVS tree.  I think it should apply cleanly to current copy of
  NS> StandaloneZODB.  We are now using this on our development
  NS> machines.  For our DB, it dramatically reduces the amount of
  NS> memory used by the ZEO server (RSS down from 49MB to 10MB).

This is consistent with our analysis.  We expected to see a roughly 4x
reduction in memory used.  In the few tests we had done, we didn't see
such a big difference.  But lots of things can cause the RSS to be
high.

  NS> Hopefully this change can get integrated into the main ZODB
  NS> branch.

It is in StandaloneZODB 1.0.  I'm not sure when Brian / Jim will want
it to be integrated into Zope.  Any opinions, guys?

Jeremy