[ZODB-Dev] [Standalone] ZODB with Python 2.2 classes?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch@geocities.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:50:01 -0500

Attempting to create classes which inherit from both
Persistence.Persistent and object results in a:

     TypeError: metatype conflict among bases

Now, to the best of my knowledge, under the covers ZODB is using pickle
for storing objects, so a solely object-derived class should be
storable, it just wouldn't be able to take advantage of the advanced
persistence machinery (object references, automatic storage on attribute
changes).

The Persistent machinery, I assume, has some APIs to make caching and
the like work properly.  What I'm wondering is, is they are a method by
which I can make a 2.2 object-derived class mimic or interact with that
machinery so that I could use 2.2 features (in particular properties)
with ZODB-hosted objects?

My immediate goal is to let me use property objects to generate "object
update" events for ZODB-hosted objects for consumption by views in a
model-view system.

Thoughts appreciated,
Mike
   Mike C. Fletcher