[ZODB-Dev] ZODB segfaults...

Kendall Clark kendall@monkeyfist.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:51:38 -0600

Hi,

I'm trying to get Standalone-ZODB to work on a remote box, using
Python 2.2:

[kendall@chomsky]$ python2
Python 2.2 (#1, Dec 27 2001, 10:41:31)
[GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2

I'm not trying to use the Berkeley Storage stuff.

I built ZODB according to the instructions, and I saw no error
messages or warnings. Near as I can tell all parts of my Python 2.2
installation are working fine. (And have been for weeks.)

But,

[kendall@chomsky]$ python2
Python 2.2 (#1, Dec 27 2001, 10:41:31)
[GCC 2.7.2.3] on linux2
>>> import ZODB
Segmentation fault

My /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/ZODB looks like

[kendall@chomsky]$ ls
BaseStorage.py          POSException.py         bpthread.pyc
BaseStorage.pyc         POSException.pyc        cPersistence.so
ConflictResolution.py   PersistentList.py       cPickleCache.so
ConflictResolution.pyc  PersistentList.pyc      coptimizations.so
Connection.py           PersistentMapping.py    dbmStorage.py
Connection.pyc          PersistentMapping.pyc   dbmStorage.pyc
DB.py                   TimeStamp.so            fsIndex.py
DB.pyc                  TmpStore.py             fsIndex.pyc
DemoStorage.py          TmpStore.pyc            fsrecover.py
DemoStorage.pyc         Transaction.py          fsrecover.pyc
ExportImport.py         Transaction.pyc         lock_file.py
ExportImport.pyc        UndoLogCompatible.py    lock_file.pyc
FileStorage.py          UndoLogCompatible.pyc   referencesf.py
FileStorage.pyc         ZApplication.py         referencesf.pyc
MappingStorage.py       ZApplication.pyc        tests
MappingStorage.pyc      __init__.py             utils.py
Mount.py                __init__.pyc            utils.pyc
Mount.pyc               bpthread.py             winlock.so

And,

[kendall@chomsky]$ ldd *.so
TimeStamp.so:
        statically linked