[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage backup from snapshot-capable block-device?

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:30:47 -0800

I was looking into the idea of periodically doing tape backups of a Data.fs
file using a filesystem on an Linux LVM snapshot capable volume (creates
temporary block device/LV that reflects another block device/LV's state at
certain slice in time, and allows you to make a file backup from it).  In
theory, this seems like an ideal way to do a backup without worrying about a
corrupt Data.fs copy on tape...  We are thinking of doing tape backups of
our FileStorage(s) this way every few hours on a future production Zope
site.  Anybody done anything similar to this with any luck?

Sean

Sean Upton
Site Technology Supervisor
Development & Integration