[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage backup from snapshot-capable block-device?

Anthony Baxter Anthony Baxter <anthony@ekit-inc.com>
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:28:54 +1100

>>> "Morten W. Petersen" wrote
> If changes are made to the Data.fs file (i.e. changes are committed)
> while the Data.fs file is 'slowly' being copied, could the copied
> Data.fs get corrupted?  (This is on a Linux box).

I cheat with this - I look at the file, md5 the first chunk of it
to see if it's been packed, if not, just copy off the extra bit at
the end. Seems to work well enough, and we've been using it for ages.
Look on zope.org for the 'repozo' script I wrote.

http://www.zope.org/Members/anthony/google?search=repozo
(anthony, causing trouble with that last URL :)

It's never to late to have a happy childhood.