[ZODB-Dev] Excellent overview of ODBMS and my take on ZODB

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 06:56:00 -0600

Okay. Well, I got that "rule" out of Jim Fulton's paper:

"A persistent object must not implement __getattr__ or __setattr__ .
These special methods are already implemented by the persistence system.
Overriding them correctly, while possible, is extremely difficult."

At this point I'm talking about the current StandaloneZODB that is
available, not the ZODB in the Zope3 branch of CVS. So for StandaloneZODB
1.0, does this rule apply or not?

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech