[ZODB-Dev] Excellent overview of ODBMS and my take on ZODB

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:44:37 +0100

At 09:44 2002-02-26 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>Gadfly 2 was going to have some sort of open back end to allow
>alternate storage and indexing systems. This sounded extremely
>interesting to me, but nothing seems to have come of it. I think
>Aaron got busy with other work. It would be great if someone could
>pick this work up.

Yep. A PDF-generator called ReportLab that seems to
have made it possible for a few people to earn a
living by coding in their favourite language all
day long. If you want Aaron to fix Gadfly I imagine
Zope Corp has to buy ReportLab inc. :-)

(Perhaps not a bad fit, content management and
corporate reporting tools.)

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN