[ZODB-Dev] Excellent overview of ODBMS and my take on ZODB

Nicholas Henke henken@seas.upenn.edu
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:53:54 -0500 (EST)

Along the same lines -- we have a ZODB backed query language that we are
using for Clubmask ( cluster management and scheduling ). We have written
our own indexing, but are realizing the nasty reality that we cannot scale
to more than ~1500 objects in the database. The problem we are facing is
that we have to convert the objects into a string language to pass to our
C language daemons so they can parse it and translate into another string
based language. ok -- nufff confusing stuff and onto the real question--

Is there a way to interact with a ZEO server from C?  The trick would be
to subclass the ZEO server to serve up the object format that we use in
our database?

Thanks!!
Nic
Nicholas Henke
Undergraduate - Engineerring 2002
--
Senior Architect and Developer
Liniac Project - University of Pennsylvania