[ZODB-Dev] Export and Import

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:43:00 -0600

David Mertz has written articles and code that might be useful:

XML Matters #1 introduces the Python xml_pickle object.
XML Matters #2 describes how to use Python's xml_objectify.
XML Matters #3 introduces DocBook.
XML Matters #4 continues the discussion on how to build a legacy document
archive with DocBook.
XML Matters #5 explains how to convert an XML document to HTML through XSLT.
XML Matters #6 compares half a dozen XML editors, with a special eye toward
those suitable for text-heavy documents.
XML Matters #7 weighs DTDs versus XML Schema and suggests when developers
might want to stick with DTDs, despite the maturing W3C XML Schema
specification.
XML Matters #8 discusses how abstract theories of data models, as
conceptualized by computer scientists, help us develop specific
multi-representational data flows.
XML Matters #9 discusses the public domain sql2dtd and sql2xml utilities
that allow RDBMS-independent generation of portable XML result sets.
XML Matters #10 extends the generic full-text indexer presented in David's
Charming Python: Developing a full-text indexer in Python column to include
XML-specific search and indexing features and discusses how an indexer can
take advantage of the hierarchical node structure of XML.
XML Matters #11 revisits the modules xml_pickle and xml_objectify that were
introduced in the first column of this series.

Here is a link to the last article, which has links to all the others:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-matters11.html

While this is not at the top of my to-do list, importing and exporting XML
is something I am very interested in. So I'd be very curious to know what
you decide to do. Hope this helps.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech