[ZODB-Dev] Excellent overview of ODBMS and my take on ZODB

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:30:24 +0000

Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:

>>The ObjectHub, as checked into Zope3, is basically a means of
>>associating uniquely generated location-independent integer identifiers
>>with objects.

> It just seems pretty elaborate for the stated purpose. I don't understand
> the need for a hub with publishers and subscribers in this context.

Sure. The ObjectHub has another role, which is to convert object
{add,remove,move,modify} events into location-independent object
{add,remove,contextchange,modify} events, and propagate these to
interested subscribers.

This is a useful model for cataloguing changes to content.

--
Steve Alexander