[ZODB-Dev] working with large databases

Thomas Guettler zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:40:37 +0100

Greg Landrum wrote:

> I've got a good sized collection of objects that I'd like to be able
> to work with using ZODB and I'm running into problems doing that using
> reasonable amounts of memory.  I'm looking for patterns that I can use
> and am happy to take whatever pointers I can get.

I am not a ZODB-expert, but I did some benchmarks with it. If you don't
commit your transaction all changes will be held
in memory. This means you have to commit your transaction or at least
make a commit(1) (subtransaction) from time to time.

Hope that helps,

I would like to hear of your experiences if you try the different cache
implementation Chris Withers talked about.

 thomas