[ZODB-Dev] Horizon for highly-available ZODB storage?

Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:44:38 +0000

On Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:12:43 -0800, sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

>Happy New Year, all!

>1 - Toby Dickenson's Replicated FileStorage (Available Now)
>	http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/ReplicatedFileStorage

You will need to augment it with some scripts to automate the
fallover, but I think it should be up to the job. Assuming, of course,
that you would not have scalability problems with a plain FileStorage.

>3 - DirectoryTreeStorage (Proposal) + InterMezzo FS (I'm dreaming, =
aren't
>I?)

This will not work. Intermezzo uses a pull replication: replication
occurs when a file is *read* on a replica, not when it is written. I
think all current 'replicated filesystem' work this way (although I
would be happy to be proved wrong)

one other option:

4 - a modified BerkeleyStorage that uses the replication native
    to BerkeleyDB, new in version 4. This is on my "interesting,
    and doesnt look too hard" to-do list.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com