[ZODB-Dev] SessionTraverser issues (was Re: [Zope-dev] Zope 2.5.0b4 problems w/ ZEO)

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:43:11 -0500

> - A monkey patch to 2.3 and 2.4 that causes the request to ignore the
> effects of a bad __before_publishing_traverse__ entry.  This will be the
> prescription for "AttributeError: __call__" errors when downgrading from
2.5
> to 2.3/2.4.

I have implemented this here:
http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Products/MultiHookMonkeyPatch .

> - Prominent mention of Matt's workaround for upgrading from 2.5.0 beta 1-3
> to 2.5.0 beta 4.

I wonder if we need a utility to clear out "bad" traversal hooks.  This
itself would be an argument for something like Darren's "StartupFolder".
Although I guess it could be implemented as a plain old Python filesystem
script to be run from lib/python for maximum annoyance.

- C