[ZODB-Dev] ZODB cache reimplementation

Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:46:33 +0000

I mentioned several weeks ago that I was planning to try changing
cPickleCache to use a LRU policy in deciding which objects to
ghostify, and stricter limits on the total size of the cache....

Reviewing cPickleCache before starting work on this I have encountered
an aspect of its implementation that I didnt previously know about:
Normally cPickleCache is used to store instances of persistent
classes. However, cPickleCache contains some code to support the value
being a class itself (rather than a class instance).

Whats that all about? Is that capability used by anyone?

Thanks,

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com