[ZODB-Dev] FW: standalone windows 1.0rc1 exe

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:59:58 -0800

If anyone wants to grab it, Neil Hodgson was nice enough to make a
non-optimized exe build for Python 2.2 at the URL below.

I haven't been able to run the PythonCard textIndexer sample because of the
following imports, it can't find PersistentList. That worked with the
StandaloneZODB that Neil compiled last summer using Andrew's distribution,
but I guess it has been renamed since then? The other imports work fine.

import ZODB
from Persistence import Persistent
from ZODB.PersistentList import PersistentList
from ZODB import DB, FileStorage
import BTrees
from BTrees import OOBTree

ka

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Hodgson [mailto:neilh@scintilla.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 5:48 PM
To: Kevin Altis
Subject: Re: [ZODB-Dev] need Windows binary for StandaloneZODB 1.0 rc1

Kevin:
> Neil, I think you built standalonezodb last summer. Do you want to see if
it
> builds a win32 exe distribution correctly just using distutils on your
box?

> That's probably:
>   python setup.py bdist_wininst
> I don't know if formats=zip would do the compilation?
>   python setup.py sdist --formats=zip

   The first makes a binary installer, the second just a source archive:
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/StandaloneZODB-1.0b1.win32-py2.2.exe
http://pythoncard.sourceforge.net/StandaloneZODB-1.0b1.zip
   Funny that it is building b1 and the download was for c1.

   If you want a free copy of Microsoft's C++ compiler so you can attempt to
do this sort of thing yourself, then download the .NET SDK - 140 megs +
maybe 4 times that temporarily during install.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?url=/downloads/sample.asp?ur
l=/msdn-files/027/000/976/msdncompositedoc.xml

  Its only the non-optimizing version of the compiler but that's all I use
normally as gcc can be used for optimised builds of my code.

   Neil