[ZODB-Dev] FW: standalone windows 1.0rc1 exe

akuchlin@mems-exchange.org akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:04:05 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 12:57:23AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>or not, but I think it's convenient.  We're not going to add it for
>1.0 but as we continue to merge Andrew's distro with ZC's we'll decide
>one way or the other.

Let me urge you to add a PersistentList implementation (not
necessarily my own, in case you have licensing or code quality
concerns).  In our application, before PersistentList was added, we
often had bugs where a method mutates a list with .append() and
doesn't set ._p_changed.  These bugs invariably took a while to track
down, and using PersistentList made them all go away.  Zope only uses
the ZODB for storing Web-related documents, an application where
PersistentMapping is really all you need, but that's a blind spot
introduced by its Web-focused application domain.

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
"It is murder, Watson -- refined, cold-blooded, deliberate murder."
    -- Sherlock Holmes, in "The Hound of the Baskervilles"