[ZODB-Dev] RE: [Zope-CMF] Big CMF sites / Storage

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:56:30 -0500

    TD> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:03:01 -0500, barry@zope.com (Barry
    TD> A. Warsaw) wrote:

    >> However, I've done some testing that makes me uncertain about
    >> our hypothosis that it's overflow page writing that bogs down
    >> BDB.

    TD> What performance measures do you mean by 'bog down'? I have
    TD> never seen it be anything other than 'fast enough'.

Performance in transaction throughput as compared to FileStorage,
during a FS -> <target storage> migration test (essentially
copyTransactionsFrom() with a bunch of instrumentation).  Source
storage was a zope.org Data.fs snapshot of about 6-8 months ago,
4.5GB, and approx. 6k transactions.

-Barry