[ZODB-Dev] ZODB and new style classes?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 09:29:06 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> You put the smiling their, so I think you've got the right idea, but I feel
> like I should clarify.  There's no problem with using ZODB 4, but I wouldn't
> trust it for production code and I certainly wouldn't distribute code using
> it to other people yet.  I'm very happy to have non-Zope users experiment
> with and test the ZODB 4 code.  There are a lot of internal changes, and we
> have a number of significant API changes planned for the near future.  Such
> helpful to get feedback from a wide range of users.

I'll add that I also want to do a major refactoring of some of the APIs
to make them cleaner and usable for non-ZODB Python persistence projects.
I saw a number of cool presentations at EuroPython on RDBMs persistence systems
and it would be really cool if these could share persistence and transaction
frameworks with ZODB.

Jim