[ZODB-Dev] [ZODB4] - Shouldn't the new object be added to Connection._created ?

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:11:04 -0400

Ury Marshak wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Hylton" <jeremy@zope.com>

> but in the meantime .. (something completely different ;) ...
> how useful is ConflictResolution when running under ZEO?

Very.

> First of all it wants all the sources to present on the server ...

No, it just wants the source of the classes that support conflict
resolution.

It would be cleaner to provide a registry so that the conflict
resolution code could be separated from the class code. then you'd only
need the (application-defined) conflict resolution code on the server.

> Also resolving conflicts for user-objects may involve
> dependencies on the state of the whole system which
> certainly would not be available on the server...

My gosh, I hope not. If the resolution depends on the state of
more than one object, you're doomed.

> So, the question is shouldn't it instead be somehow
> propagated to the client?...

No. The resolution should take place on the server to reduce network traffic.

Jim