[ZODB-Dev] [ZODB4] - Shouldn't the new object be added to Connection._created ?

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:45:20 +0100

On Sunday 28 Jul 2002 9:08 pm, Ury Marshak wrote:

> My app level code keeps the new object referenced, and then tries to re=
run
> the transaction after fixing the conflict. As a workaround I could recr=
eate
> the
> object if necessary,

If the object was created in that (failed) transaction, then doesnt rerun=
ing=20
the transaction necessarily involve recreating the object?

> but it might become expensive if the object is already
> inserted in some indices

If the index-insertion happened in that failed transaction too, then sure=
ly=20
those index changes will also have been aborted.