[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneZODB future plans

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:26:47 -0400

    JH> I expect we'll include ZEO 2.0 in the final release of ZODB
    JH> 3.0.  I plan to commit ZEO 2 to the trunk next week.

We need to decide if ZEO 1 will be included as well, for legacy users
of the v1 protocol.  Possibly named ZEO1/ in the release.

    JH> I imagine that users will be able to install ZODB 3.0 on top
    JH> of an existing Zope version and upgrade just the ZODB core.  I
    JH> think this will be useful for people who want some core
    JH> improvements without worrying about a full upgrade.

We need to note that ZEO users will have to decide whether they want
to upgrade to ZEO 2 en masse (clients + servers), since there's no
protocol compatibility.

Also, should we work on making sure that Toby's cache works with a
debug build of Python 2.3?

-Barry