[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneZODB future plans

Greg Ward gward@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 08:36:25 -0400

On 07 June 2002, Jeremy Hylton said:
> Would it be better if we called it 3.1?  The ZODB architecture that
> Jim described in his paper is still used.  What would be the
> confusion?

Hmmm.  I guess I was confused because the sequence of events has
been/will be, to the best of my recollection:

  ZODB 3.0 described in IPC paper
  ZEO 1.0 released
  StandaloneZODB 1.0 released
  ZODB 3.0 released

...which I guess isn't all that confusing, as long as it's clearly
stated (eg. in the README) that "ZODB 3.0" is just
"StandaloneZODB 1.0" re-branded for consistency with the IPC paper and a
future "ZODB 4.0" release, and with such-and-such improvements made.
(Assuming, of course, that my understanding is correct!)

        Greg