[ZODB-Dev] StandaloneZODB future plans

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:51:12 -0400

  >>> Which C classes?  I wasn't aware of any Python extension types
  >>> that rely on cPersistence except BTrees.
  SA>
  SA> There's DynPersist.c from ZPatterns:
  SA>
  SA> http://www.cat-box.net/tmp/DynPersist.c
  SA>
  SA> What changes would be needed for 2.6 ?

I expect simply recompiling the C extension should fix it.

  SA> Actually, DynPersist isn't strictly speaking needed any more, as
  SA> a Persistent class can implement __getattr__ and __setattr__
  SA> now. This wasn't possible when DynPersist was first written.

Then it's even easier :-).

So we'd need to clarify for Zope users that they can't upgrade ZODB
unless they know their third-party C extensions don't rely on ZODB.
If they do, they'll need to recompile those extensions.  This doesn't
seem like a big problem.

Jeremy