[ZODB-Dev] cl.exe failed on setup.py build

Donnal Walter donnalcwalter@yahoo.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 06:52:41 -0700 (PDT)

[Tim Peters]
> cl.exe is the name of Microsoft's C/C++ compiler.  Zope is tested
> with MSVC (MicroSoft Visual C++) version 6 on Windows.  If you
> don't have MSVC6, that explains it.

I didn't realize that a C compiler was required to install
StandaloneZODB using distutils. For example, I had not planned to
build from source. In any case, I don't currently have a C compiler
on my machine. Furthermore I had not necessarily planned on using
the experimental Berkeley storages. Is this necessary or highly
recommended?

=====
Donnal Walter
Arkansas Children's Hospital