[ZODB-Dev] ZODB and new style classes?

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:05:14 +0200

At 16:41 2002-06-26 +0200, Ury Marshak wrote:
>When I asked this question some time ago I was
>pointed to the cvs with the Zope-3x-branch
>revision tag, but looking in the recent Zope3/
>comments about folding in that branch probably
>makes it the one to use with new-style classes.

Ok. I just tried it with the code in the Zope3 trunk.

>FWIW, I tried using it (not extensively) and it seemed
>to work, although I did not try to inherit from the
>standard classes...

Well, I did...

     class MatrixCode(str, Persistence.Persistent):
TypeError: multiple bases have instance lay-out conflict

:-(

But maybe this is not a sign of a ZODB problem, just a
problem with multiple inheritence with new style classes?

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5
tel: 070-582 80 65, fax: 070-612 80 65