[ZODB-Dev] Persisting oher stuff than persistent objects...

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 17:25:28 +0200

I'm trying to figure out how to get away with
using a sub class of string in ZODB. Making a
class which sub classes both Persistence.Persistent
and str seems impossible.

Is there another way to do this? If I just sub
class str, can I still make these objects persist
in ZODB? I can obviously make objects such as
python lists persist... Can I get away with just
setting "self._p_changed =3D 1" in the class that
contains the object in question. That would work
if it was a simple string I used. Might that work
even if I use a sub class of string which has
additional, mutable attibutes? (Assuming I manage
to call "self._p_changed =3D 1" in the containing
class when the mutable attributes change.)

--=20
Magnus Lyck=E5, Thinkware AB
=C4lvans v=E4g 99, SE-907 50 UME=C5
tel: 070-582 80 65, fax: 070-612 80 65