[ZODB-Dev] No 1.0b5 tag in CVS ZEO?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 17:53:29 +0000

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:07:45 +0000
>  Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did anyone actually tag 1.0b5 in CVS? I can't seem to
> > find it :-S
>
> I thought I tagged the tree, but I may have forgotten.

Erk...

> What would a VERSION.TXT do?  IOW, what's the use case?
> Just a file you can check in the source directory to see
> what version is installed?  Perhaps a variable in the
> __init__ for the package would be better.

I want to be able to identify which ZEO is sitting in a Zope install.
With Zope Products, I'd do:

cat version.txt

With ZEO, there is no such thing.

However, VERSION.TXT is a Zope idiot^hm, so if __init__.py is the right place, and I can
still find what I'm after using cat (ie: no massive ZPL missive at the top, and no 200
lines of code in the file), then that'd work too.

Lemme know what I need to do...

cheers,

Chris