[ZODB-Dev] Referential integrity

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:25:53 -0500

Arnaud Bienvenu wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 09:47:37AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> > What list? There is no way to explicitly remove
> > an object from the database.  An object will be removed
> > from the database when it is no longer referenced.
>
> I understand that, but I want to set up constraints in my model,

Your model should be implemented in a layer above ZODB. It might be
supported by an application framework that lots of different
applications share.  The framework would (at least mostly) ignore
ZODB.

ZODB take a sort of "micro-kernal" approach to database features.
ZODB simply supports persistence. Application features like indexing,
security, relational models, high-level constraints, etc, are the
responsability of higher level layers.

Jim