[ZODB-Dev] ZEO Server error.

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 18:38:51 -0500

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 18:32:24 -0500
 "Chris McDonough" <chrism@zope.com> wrote:
> Using ZEO 1.0b5 server under Python 2.1.2, I had a
> situation in which the
> following was written to the ZEO server log.  I think
> it's hiding something
> from me. ;-)  The traceback seems nonsensical given the
> code.  Can we change
> ZEO under this circumstance to record a more informative
> traceback or error
> message?

Hmmm.  I'm not really sure what to do.  The first message
says that the server's connection to the client was closed.
The second message says that the server is no longer able to
communicate with the client.  The only thing that seems
misleading is the word "temporarily" in the message.

It looks like the client disconnected after sending a
tpc_finish() message.  The same client had another thread
with a blocked tpc_begin().

Can you be more specific about what you think the error
message should say?  Or how you'd like ZEO to behave
differently?

Jeremy