[ZODB-Dev] new cPickleCache in CVS

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:17:16 -0500

Toby Dickenson wrote:
> My new cache implementation is in the zope cvs, in
> toby-stiff-cache-branch. I would like to merge it with the trunk
> before the end of this week. I would appreciate anyone with the time
> to try it out and confirm it works, particularly anyone using
> ZClasses.

I tried it out on my development box and all signs indicate it works
well.  I had my target cache size set to 10 objects (as an attempt to
control the old cache code) and your cache implementation kept the cache
size at that level.  I happened to be running partitioned file storage
as well, but that's a different layer and should have no effect.

It will be very nice to see this in Zope 2.6+.  (Not Zope 2.5.x, since
it is a large C code change.)  This is exciting stuff--Zope will no
longer require a lot of RAM for most sites.

Shane