[ZODB-Dev] new cPickleCache in CVS

Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:42:31 +0000

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:28:18 -0500, barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw)
wrote:

>Jeremy and I were going to try to look at this this week, but we
>didn't get to it.  We should make it a priority for next week.

Please look at the version in cvs, not the patch on www.zope.org. I
fixed what I hope will be the last bug on Friday. Ill be around most
this week if you have questions.

The cvs version has extra debugging checks enabled, which incurr a
moderate performance penalty. Anyone looking for high performance
should remove the MUCH_RING_CHECKING define at the top of
cPickleCache.c. I plan to delay making that the default for as long as
possible; possibly even including the first public beta of 2.6

One thing to point out; this new scheme breaks source compatability
for persistent classes implemented in C. Check out the diff to
BTreeTemplate.c for an idea of what needs changing. I hope that noone
need the warning who isnt on this list.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com