[ZODB-Dev] Stability of ZODB in the Zope-3x-branch

Neil Schemenauer nas@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:35:04 -0500

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:16:29PM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I wouldn't put it into production use yet.

:-(

> Are you interested in contributing on any of this work?

Yes.  I have been testing it right now.  Almost everything seems to
work.  Our unit tests and web UI tests all pass.  I noticed two
problems.  First, Persistent objects cannot be copied or pickled.  Is
this by design or just an oversight?  Would adding a __reduce__ method
to cPersistent solve the problem?

The other problem I noticed is really weird.  If I open our existing DB
and try to add an attribute to a persistent object it gets lost after
committing the change and re-opening the DB.  If I start with an empty
DB, create some objects, commit them, re-open the DB, add an attribute,
commit that, it works.

> Perhaps we could have a ZODB4 sprint...

I would like to do that.  Getting it approved by CNRI's legal department
might be, um, fun. :-(

  Neil