[ZODB-Dev] __setstate__

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:19:00 +0100

At 15:08 2002-03-28 -0500, Anton Benard wrote:
> > Do I understand correctly that I need to touch every affected object for
> > the changes made in __setattr__ to persist?
>
>If you mean __setstate__, thats right. ZODB resets self._p_changed after
>running __setstate__.

Right, sorry, I was fixing another bug that had to do with
something I did in __setattr__ when I wrote that mail... :)

I'm starting to think these clever __magic__ tricks aren't
so clever after all... :-(

But I thought it was a "normal" trick in OODBMS that you can
upgrade your objects on retrieval as we could have if there
had been a way to mark objects dirty in __setstate__. At least
that's the message I got from the SmallTallking XP evangelists.

Wouldn't that be a good thing to have in the bag of tricks?
Now __setstate__ doen't quite seem to do the trick.

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN