[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope-Coders] Zope test results

Thu, 2 May 2002 15:40:46 +0100

>I made a change to testCache.py (rev 1.4) to fix a reversed sense of
>the _p_changed value.  At the time, I tested with Python 2.1 and 2.2,
>but now its failing for me too.  Has something recently changed with
>the cPickleCache.c code?

No, nothing has changed.

But, that might the hint I needed.....

The test uses a set of ten objects, a cache size of five. It checks that the
least-recently-used ten objects get deactivated by the cache, and the
least-recently-used five do not.

However, that relies on usage order *within* *one* *transaction*. I wonder
whether the transaction commit process might not always touch objects in the
same order?

I will change the test to use more than one transaction.