[ZODB-Dev] help

Paul Roe paul@artifact-imaging.co.nz
03 May 2002 08:51:03 +1200

--=-M4OJj8qC/MOH3Gqn8/bW

You need to have a C compiler installed, there are a few options (MS,
cygwin, mingw32 etc).

I'm working on a few different windows platforms and have had good
success with mingw on python 2.0 through 2.2 (these notes may be a
slightly out of date, but should point you in the right direction).
Shouldn't be too hard to adapt them to cygwin either.
=20
Mingw install notes see
http://starship.python.net/crew/kernr/mingw32/Notes.html
    in brief - go to www.mingw.org, get libbfd, binutils,ld,gcc,w32api=20
 mingw-runtime...    expand them wherever...

Need Mingw import libraries for python several options here.
  there is a ready-to-use Python20 import library for mingw32 at
         http://www.zope.org/Members/als/libpython20.zip
Instructions for how to build the library is at
         http://www.zope.org/Members/als/tips/win32_mingw_modules
=20
you can generate an import library from its dll using mingw tools
    and pexports from http://www.acc.umu.se/~anorland/gnu-win32/.
=20
Use pexports to generate the def file
         pexports python2x.dll > python2x.def
    and then create a library with the mingw dlltool
        dlltool --dllname python2x.dll --input-def python2x.def \ =20
		--output-lib libpython2x.a
=20
    Copy these files to the python libs directory.
=20
Now run the installs telling it to use the ming32 stuff.
python setup.py build --compiler=3Dmingw32
python setup.py install
=20
good luck
=20
Paul

On Thu, 2002-04-25 at 20:49, Cao Mengqin wrote:
>=20
> Dear Sir/Mdm:
>   i installed to ZODB as the readme file.but the system always prompted "=
command 'cl.exe' failed: No such file or directory".
>   i don't know why...would u mind give me some tips?
>   thanks a lot!
>=20
> best regard
>=20
> cmq

--=20
Paul Roe

Artifact Imaging Systems        Voice: +64 3 3266213
Christchurch, New Zealand       Mobile: +64 21 676301

--=-M4OJj8qC/MOH3Gqn8/bW

--=-M4OJj8qC/MOH3Gqn8/bW--