Sniff, was Re: [ZODB-Dev] Copying instances between multiple storages

Christian Reis kiko@async.com.br
Mon, 20 May 2002 18:50:36 -0300

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:59:52AM -0300, Christian Reis wrote:

> My question is this: when I use two storages, and I retrieve an instance
> from storage A, I can't just add a reference to it in storage B and
> commit() - I get a very reasonable error:
>
> ZODB.POSException.InvalidObjectReference: Attempt to store an object
> from a foreign database connection
>
> Fair enough. So what do I have to do? Instance another object and copy
> it's data over (ugh)? copy.copy/deepcopy won't help, will they? Is there
> anything in the ZODB that will clone an object for me?

Eeek. Does the fact that nobody has answered here mean that I'm in cold
water here?

Jim, Jeremy [anybody - *grin*]: have an idea how things would work,
enough to give a simple "looks good/bad" answer?

Take care,