[ZODB-Dev] Mounted Storage and ClassFactory problems

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:30:56 +0100

>>The problem is that when I mount SubData.fs in MainData.fs all my ClassA
>>instances became "product broken" instances.
>
>I've done a simple test with zope builtin Temporary Folder and problem
>is the same. I create a Temporary Folder and then I create inside it
>a instance of a Zclass. When I then enter the temporary folder contents
>tab I see my instance but it is broken ("this Object from the unknown is
>broken")
>
>I'm using Zope-2.5.1b1-src.

To help you gurus :-) to debug this, I realy think
the problem is somewhere in ZODB/Mount.py. In the past Mount.py
was getting classFactory from Zope module, but in some developments
to create the standalone version of ZODB this dependence of ZODB from Zope
was eliminated by geting zclasses from parent_db.

>My main objective is to have a MainData.fs with my Zclass based >product,
>and instances of this product in a separated Data.fs.

Any hints on how to achieve this?

See you,
JS