[ZODB-Dev] ZEO & product installation Q

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 11:39:40 -0400

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> The documentation for ZEO contains the following note about product
> installation.  The final sentence suggests that we intend to fix it,
> but I don't understand the problem exactly or whether it has been
> fixed.
>
> Can anyone tell me if this warning is still relevant?

Yes, it is.  Zope puts some information about each installed product in
the ZODB, and if you're running multiple ZEO clients, you don't want the
clients to contend over initialization.  The most unfortunate part is
that there's currently no way to guarantee that each ZEO client is
running the same software.

Shane