[ZODB-Dev] Test Failure

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 14:07:28 -0400

[Barry A. Warsaw]
> Tim, does the test pass if you change the time.sleep(1) to
> time.sleep(2) -- or higher?

As before, no.  However, the test passes if I change

        packtime = time.time()

        packtime = time.time() + 0.001

If you were expecting packtime to be strictly larger than the time saved
away during the preceding

        revid1 = self._dostore(oid, data=MinPO(51))

then you need to "do something" on Windows to force that to be true.
time.time() only goes up about once per 0.055 second (it updates at 18.2 Hz,
not the 55 Hz I typed before), and a lot of stuff can happen in 0.055
seconds.

Indeed, the test passes if I change the packtime computation to

        packtime = time.time() + 1e-6

so *some* bogus assumption about time.time() is being made.