[ZODB-Dev] How to predict George Bailey?

Jeff Sasmor jsasmor@gte.net
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 14:26:51 -0500

I don't know why. I just found it didn't work as well. I didn't
try to figure it out. I wanted to be sure that all object references
were valid.

Honestly, I went thru this about nine months ago and I don't
recall all the details. Perhaps it has something to do with
the fact that I am using wxPython and having ZODB objects
as client data for things like list and tree controls.

Mostly I just wanted to pass along my experience with using
Undo outside of the Zope environment.  Since Zope itself
(unless I am greatly misunderstanding something)  creates
a new connection every time a page is rendered it seems
as if the type of situation encountered when building an
app where the db connection may be open for hours or
days would not have come up. I am not familiar with
other apps (aside from Zope) that support displaying
the undoable transactions and letting a user click on one
and undo it. Not to suggest that no one else has done it;
I just am unaware of it.
jeff

Jeff Sasmor
jeff@sasmor.com