SystemSpecifyer, was Re: [ZODB-Dev] How to predict George Bailey?

Magnus Lycka magnus@thinkware.se
Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:44:03 +0100

At 20:16 2002-11-03 +0000, Toby Dickenson wrote:
>On Sunday 03 November 2002 6:36 pm, Magnus Lycka wrote:
>
> > Let's pretend this is a word processor. Should I drop and
> > reload my document every time I press Ctrl-S or Ctrl-Z?
>
>If this word processor is implemented using a M/V/C model, then it would be
>natural for the View to store its own state using its own view-domain
>properties. It would not be natural for the view to store references to
>objects in the Document.

Aren't you just suggesting adding another level of abstraction?
Will this make a difference? I haven't studied MVC in detail,
maybe I should, but wouldn't some kind of python code written by
me have refs to the persistent objects anyway? Wouldn't the risk
for dangling references remain unless I use an approach where I
need to retrieve all my objects from ZODB through some kind of
search after every transaction?

--
Magnus Lycka, Thinkware AB
Alvans vag 99, SE-907 50 UMEA, SWEDEN