[ZODB-Dev] ZEO Transactions/Versions

jholland@tomsw.com jholland@tomsw.com
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:59:03 -0500 (EST)

Although I saw a thread in the archives that seemed related, it didn't
seem to have an ultimate answer. I just started looking at ZODB today,
although I've used Python for a while.

It seems to me that two idle windows talking to the same ZEO Storage
should share the data in there; and they seem to after a fashion. When I
change data in one (say it's A), it is not visible in the other (B). But
if I try to write to AND commit that same element in root from B, I get an
Exception and now B DOES see the latest commit from A. Furthermore, once B
has had the exception and sees the up-to-date data it can modify the data
and A behaves the same way B just did.

This seems strange, am I missing some basic technique for syncing up these
connections?

John Holland