[ZODB-Dev] deadlock prevention for ZODB3 / Zope 2.6

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:01:14 +0000

On Tuesday 12 November 2002 8:30 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> The implementation of deadlock prevention requires changes to the
> storage and transaction data manager APIs.  Each must now implement a
> sortKey() method that returns a string that can be used to sort the
> storages.=20

I just updated to the 2.6 maintenance branch, and started getting these l=
og=20
messages: jar missing sortKey() method: <Products.Tobys.Wierd.Stuff insta=
nce=20
at 0x8d0a3bc>

I have a couple of class that hook into to transaction manager API. They =
are=20
obviously affected by this change, although I hadnt realised this before=20
seeing your timely log message.

I guess this change could have turned out quite painful for me, although =
in=20
practice everything went more smoothly than I could have hoped for. Thank=
s=20
Jeremy!