[ZODB-Dev] ZEO 2

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:07:54 -0500

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>On Tuesday 19 November 2002 3:00 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
>>

>>>However, the site in question now feels a bit slower than it used to.
>>
>>Over a network tcp, localhost tcp, or unix socket?
>>
>>If tcp, could you try using tcpdump and see if anything looks unusual?
>

> I expect it's his ZEO cache.  Cache flips ever 40 seconds is not good.

I'd even say it's quite extreme.  Chris, increase the ZEO cache size to
100MB (the default is 20MB) and see if the speed improves.  I'd
guesstimate that most sites shouldn't have to flip caches more than once
a week or so.  Also, look at the database activity graph to see if you
need to increase your ZODB cache size.  (I assume you're running 2.6.)

Shane